About

This blog is mainly taken from my Great Grandfather's diary. In 2012 we are in the year 1915, after completing 1916 in 2010 and 1927 in 2011. 1915 is the year that my Great Uncle Norman was born. 1927 is the year that my Great Uncle Roger, was born. 1916 was the year that my grandmother, Annah Lee was born.

My Great-Grandfather's name was Bonnie Elmore and he worked as a clerk or secretary for the old Norfolk & Western Railroad, based in Roanoke, VA. Mary is his wife. Norman is their first born son. The Raines are Mary's parents. Skin is Bonnie's brother along with Jake.

Bonnie's work associates and friends are also mentioned quite a bit. Bonnie does a great job of blending everyday life in 1915 with the mention of some world and USA history as well. I do know from a quick glance ahead that 1915 is going to be quite different as Bonnie did not write quite as much.

After Bonnie's diary entry, I will occasionally make comments, maybe tell a little about life in 2012, possibly some current events, and some musing about the Christian faith.



Friday, June 10, 2011

Case Dismised

On Thursday, June 9, 1927 Bonnie Elmore wrote:  Sunny-Pleasant.  Mama 70 years old. My case with Bond Coal Co. to come to court, for dismissal. Arose at 6:10. Made a fire. Shaved. Left home at 7:45. The children went to Bible School. Didn't do any work in a.m. Took Mr. Noel's mail 12:00. Came home on car at 3:15. Tied up grapevines. Ate supper at 6:30. Read paper. Mary feels worn out. We went to bed at 9:30.

On Friday, June 10, 1927 Bonnie Elmore wrote:  Cool-Pleasant. Mr. Turner back. Arose at 6:00. Made a fire. Dumped ashes. Left home at 7:57, feeling sad. The children went to Bible School, 8:30. Lavonia Drewry called Mary. I walked at noon. Got home at 6:00. Shaved at 9:00 p.m. Mary and I talked to Mr. and Mrs. Chapman after supper, in back yard. Baby Jane and Annah Lee got ice cream cones. Norman went to his scout meeting. 

I didn't really realize that Bonnie actually had a court case with Bond Coal Co. Wow! Glad it was dismissed. Don't forget: Here in 2011, we are leaving on a cruise tomorrow and won't have Internet access much, so no blogging for me for awhile. See ya' when we get back. Bon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment