About

This blog is mainly taken from my Great Grandfather's diary. In 2012 we are in the year 1915, after completing 1916 in 2010 and 1927 in 2011. 1915 is the year that my Great Uncle Norman was born. 1927 is the year that my Great Uncle Roger, was born. 1916 was the year that my grandmother, Annah Lee was born.

My Great-Grandfather's name was Bonnie Elmore and he worked as a clerk or secretary for the old Norfolk & Western Railroad, based in Roanoke, VA. Mary is his wife. Norman is their first born son. The Raines are Mary's parents. Skin is Bonnie's brother along with Jake.

Bonnie's work associates and friends are also mentioned quite a bit. Bonnie does a great job of blending everyday life in 1915 with the mention of some world and USA history as well. I do know from a quick glance ahead that 1915 is going to be quite different as Bonnie did not write quite as much.

After Bonnie's diary entry, I will occasionally make comments, maybe tell a little about life in 2012, possibly some current events, and some musing about the Christian faith.



Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tie up that Car!

On Monday, January 24, 1916 Bonnie Elmore wrote: Warm Day. Capt. Rowan sick in bed with injured knee; fell over automobile rope on Sunday night. Miss Rowan phoned to me to come over. Went to see Capt. Took him letter. Introduced to Dr. Kirk. Mr. Schick left for Frankfort, KY. I shaved at night and slept in own room. Annah Lee is 2 weeks old today. So, one of Bonnie's bosses hurt his knee. What is an automobile rope? Did they have to tie them up like horses? This entry also still shows that things are still a little awry after the birth of my grandmother, Annah Lee. Bonnie has been sleeping in another room but tonight slept in his own room again. For any new readers, I notice we may have some based on the map on the blog and from a comment that I got that was not published, Bonnie is a man. Today it seems like an odd man's name, but it was his name. He is my great-grandfather and he was secretary for Norfolk-Western Railroad. We read his diary entry for each day from 1916, make a few comments and then talk a little bit about life in 2010 and matters of the Christian faith from the Bible. Today from Psalm 20:7 "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but our pride is in the name of the Lord our God." and today in church we sang "Our God is an awesome God, He reigns from heaven above with wisdom, power and love, Our God is an awesome God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment